Martello Building Consultancy follows a group of policy statements that are designed to ensure that the company has a clear vision for the future, operates in a way that meets or exceeds the requirements of our customers, meets all legal requirements and has an overall beneficial impact on the environment.
Martello’s Mission Statement
Martello Building Consultancy aims to be the most recognised organisation for delivering Architecture; Surveying and Cost Consultancy Services to the building industry, within Kent.
We will achieve our goals through recruiting knowledgeable and motivated professionals, who will work in harmony with our trainee academy. We will empower and provide equal opportunities to all our employees, ensuring that we achieve sustainable growth.
Our organisation will aim to be creative, innovative and environmentally friendly in everything we do, whist making sure we always meet current legislation.
Quality StatementWe aim to deliver Architecture; Surveying and Cost Consultancy Services to the building industry, at a level that will meet our Client’s requirements, relevant policies set out within our professional memberships, whilst conforming to the ISO 9001: standards.
Our quality management system is a continual process. We recognise the key issues by setting performance standards, evaluating our actual performance against our quality objectives, identifying opportunities for improving and taking corrective action when required.
We are conscious of the role of a systematic quality management system plays in the proper execution of our services. The process and procedures are designed to a structure that relates to the management process, which is made clear, logical and adaptable.
We acknowledge the importance of staff training in the implementation of the procedures and have a positive policy of continuing professional development for all members of staff. We ensure that individual aspirations and objectives are recognised, leading to the ongoing improvement of professional skills within the organisation.
Martello Building Consultancy is an environmentally-conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The organisations ethos is to minimise the impact on the environment by implementation of the following strategies:
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts and by promoting environmental awareness amongst all our stakeholders.
- Providing appropriate training and financial resources to ensure that all employees have the required skills and knowledge to meet our environmental objectives.
- Assessing the environmental performance of all our suppliers, which form’s part of our selection process.
The company environmental policy has been endorsed by the Directors and forms part of our ISO 14001 certification.
Health and Safety StatementAt Martello we recognise our obligations and responsibilities under Health and Safety legislation and OHSAS 18001 accreditation. Our objective is to provide a safe working environment for all our staff and any visitors to our premises.
Our objectives and responsibilities are;
- Provide safe equipment and systems.
- Provide a safe working environment.
- Provide safe methods of handling, storage and transport of articles of goods.
- Provide people with effective information, instruction and training.
- Ensure the place of work has appropriate means of access and egress.
- We have a no smoking policy other than in designated areas.
- All storage areas are safely laid out with adequate room for access in safety.
- Premises heated to the minimum temperature required by law.
Health and Safety guidance is given to all new employees during their induction and regular refresher sessions are held to ensure best practise is upheld.
We annually review working practices including the general working environment and individuals’ work stations to ensure that best practices are adhered to or adopted and that safety hazards are identified and accidents so far as reasonably practicable are avoided.
Our stakeholders are encouraged to suggest improvements to our Health and Safety Policy.